What are the signs of a healthy soulmate relationship? To many of us, having a healthy soulmate relationship is one of our top priorities. So then why are so many people in unhealthy soulmate relationships?
Part of the problem is that many people don’t know what the signs of a healthy soulmate relationship are. They think the problems and issues they are having are either temporary or a normal part of a relationship. They think just being in pursuit of a healthy relationship makes things okay. Since they recognize what changes need to be made and are working on them, their relationship is on the mend. What they don’t seem to understand is that until those changes are made, they don’t have a healthy relationship, and that is a real problem.
Top 10 Signs of a Healthy Soulmate Relationship
1. The first sign of a healthy soulmate relationship is that you bring out the best in one another, not just the worst. You encourage one another to do better, and be better, and it works. If you want to know if your relationship is healthy, look around you. Has your relationship positively affected other areas of your life and made them better?
2. Another important sign of a healthy soulmate relationship is the relationship doesn’t just revolve around one person or the two of you as a couple. Each person still has their own identity and individuality.
3. A relationship cannot be a healthy one if boundaries are not drawn, respected, and enforced.
Family, friends, co-workers and careers should not be negatively influencing or causing major conflict in the soulmate relationship. Those things cannot negatively influence a relationship and only will if they are continually allowed to.
4. In a healthy soulmate relationship there is both quality time spent together and time spent apart, without conflict. The quality of time we spend together is just as important as how we spend our time apart. Time apart can be very good for a relationship. It helps maintain some independence and can strengthen the trust between the couple. Quality time together does not just center around the wants and desires of only one of the pair.
5. You both are pursuing similar life goals. One cannot be pursing a goal of traveling around the world while the others goal is to settle down in one place and start a family.
6. In healthy soulmate relationship, both members put forth the time, energy and effort to keep the relationship going. It is not the sole responsibility of only one of them. If it is, your relationship is unhealthy.
7. Transparency is a must in a healthy soulmate relationship. No sneaking around, no hidden agendas, and no major secrets. You can speak your mind without worry of repercussions.
8. A healthy soulmate relationship is a realistic one. You accept one another fully, the good and the bad. You may not like every single aspect of your soulmate, but you accept that it is who they are. You don’t fantasize about who they could be, you deal with who they actually are.
9. Couples in healthy soulmate relationships can speak freely, and know how to communicate without it always being a huge argument. They say what is on their mind and what they are feeling instead of always keeping it to themselves. You also communicate consistently, rather than sporadically.
10. People in healthy relationships also feel heard when they talk. Although the couple may not agree on everything they at least are open to listening what the other has to say with an open mind. They are not focused on changing each others mind because ones opinion is right and the others is wrong. They are both open to compromise, not just one of them.
Healthy soulmate relationships don’t just create themselves, they are created by soulmates who are willing to work together to ensure the relationship thrives and survives. Make sure you are doing the right things in your relationship and not the wrong things to ensure is success.
You may also want to check out an article on our other soulmate site: Instability in Soulmate Relationships.