Over the past twenty-five years or so, the term soulmate has become a popular topic of discussion. Dating web sites offer to help you find your soulmate and many romantic movies and novels seem to embellish the romance of soulmate relationships. Unfortunately, this can create a lot of misconceptions about soulmates and soulmate relationships, so we will try to clear some of them up. Keep in mind there are many different beliefs when it comes to soulmates and many others out there in Soulmate-land seem to substantiate our theories. If you have encountered your soulmate you may have done some extensive research to better understand what this relationship entails. If you have been hoping to meet or searching for your soulmate you may be wondering if there is one out there for you.
Soulmate Misconceptions and Myths
1. Soulmates and twin flames are the same thing. This is one of the most common misconceptions. Soulmates and twin flames are similar yet different. We get a lot of requests from clients for assistance with twin flame relationships. We do not believe it is a twin flame relationship in many cases but a soulmate relationship. Soulmates have difficulties and challenges that most twin flames do not. Twin flame relationships are generally much easier than soulmate relationships. You have only one twin flame but can have numerous soulmates.
2. If you lose your soulmate you will never get another one. This misconception seems to scare a lot of people. Look at it like this: Let’s say the universe brought you together with a soulmate but they were not willing to accept you as their soulmate partner. Is that your fault? Should you be punished? Of course not. The universe does not punish you by failing to provide another soulmate for you. You accepted their gift so they are likely to present another. But what about your soulmate who did not accept this gift? They may never get another soulmate opportunity since they were ungracious with the gift the universe gave them.
3. Soulmates always wind up together in the end. This is one of the major misconceptions about soulmates. Not all soulmates can or will have a happy ending. Since there are challenges and lessons to be learned, it is up to the soulmates to determine if this relationship can stand the test of time. The universe brings soulmates together, but you must each be willing to contribute to the relationship for it to last. The universe may keep putting you in each other’s to give you the opportunity to try again. It is up to the soulmates to eventually succeed.
4. Soulmates can easily break their connection is another soulmate misconception we hear about all the time. Clients will tell us how their soulmate woke up one day and said they are no longer connected. It doesn’t work that way. There is no soulmate switch that you, or your soulmate, can flip on and off to break, or turn on, the connection. Breaking a soulmate connection will not happen over night, and will take a great deal of effort, so don’t believe them any more than you would if they told you they saw a purple unicorn. Here are some tips on Breaking the Soulmate Connection.
5. The only relationship that can truly make you happy is one with your soulmate. This misconception is a dangerous one. There are plenty of happy, fulfilling wonderful relationships out there in the world. They are not all soulmate relationships not do they have to be. Soulmates are difficult relationships in many cases, so other relationships, without the connection, can be easier in many ways. Don’t get fixated on labels. If you love someone and they love you and you both are happy who cares if you are soulmates or not? Would you love them less if they weren’t? Of course not.
6. Another soulmate misconception is that many people think they will never be happy until they meet their soulmate. You can be happy before you meet your soulmate. You can be happy with someone who is not your soulmate. Your soulmate is supposed to help you evolve, grow, but it is not their job to make you happy. You won’t magically go from a miserable person to Miss Smiley Sunshine just because you met your soulmate. And honestly, why would a potential soulmate candidate be interested in you if you are Miss Debbie Downer anyway? The best way to meet your soulmate, is to create a fulfilling life for yourself and be happy. You can find some tips on how to meet your soulmate in our article, How to Manifest Your Soulmate.
7. Another misconception about soulmates is that they are always of a romantic nature. Soulmates can be family members, animals, or even friends. Soul mate relationships are not always romantic partnerships.
Soulmate relationships can be difficult to navigate and we hope we have shed some light on the misconceptions to help you have a better understanding about them.