The red flags telling you someone is not your soulmate are not something you should ignore. You may have brushed these red flags off because you think this person is your soulmate. Many people do this, way too often.
First and foremost, bad behavior will become more prevalent as your relationship evolves. If the foundation you are creating in your soulmate relationship is a weak one, you cannot expect good things to come out of it. Instead, you should just expect worse things to come. We can have chemistry with someone but that does not mean they are a soulmate. We can have intense feelings for someone but that does not make them a soulmate. Here are some red flags warning you this person is not your soulmate?
RED FLAGS THEY ARE NOT YOUR SOULMATE
1. If your relationship is purely sexual, this is a red flag they are not your soulmate. Good sex, or even great sex, does not mean you are soulmates. Physical attraction alone does not mean you have a deep spiritual connection. Just because you connect on a physical level does not mean you connect on a soul level. If you have nothing else in common or don’t communicate or connect in any other way, chances are this person is not your soulmate. You can try all you want to make them a soulmate, but you are really wasting your time trying to fit a round peg in a square hole. Not going to happen.
2. If your relationship revolves around one of you pleasing the other, this can also be a red flag you are not with your soulmate. It is understandable that you want to please your soulmate but they should want to please you as well. If you are with a false soulmate, only one of you “feels the connection” while the other one is taking advantage of it. The relationship is really one-sided. If you did not put in the work, the relationship would fall apart because the other would do nothing to keep the relationship going. Yes soulmates can get selfish if one goes overboard, but what we are talking about is when the feelings or “connection” is not mutual.
3. When your relationship does not have mutual core values chances are you are not soulmates. You should be on common ground with your soulmate when it comes to your morality and deep convictions. You should have some common goals and dreams. If you do not, you should both at least support them in one another. If the person you think is your soulmate is trying to keep you from achieving your goals and dreams (and let’s face it, your happiness) it could be a red flag this person is a false soulmate.
4. All relationships should have a certain level of trust. If the person you believe is your soulmate cannot be trusted, no matter how much you want to trust them, they may not be a true soulmate. Yes, soulmates can make mistakes on their journey, but if you cannot trust them, that is your inner voice (soul) talking to you. You should always pay attention to your intuition because it doesn’t lie.
5. When you are trying too hard and looking for clues and signs this person is your soulmate that is a red flag they are not your soulmate. You do not have to search for clues. The signs are loud and clear if they are really present. It is more than obvious, and there should be no second guessing involved. When you meet your soulmate, you both know it. No one really has to wonder, because it is intense and unlike anything you ever experienced before. We all know those people that claim to meet soulmate after soulmate, as if they have hundreds of them. A soulmate is a rare soul connection between two people, and they are not a dime a dozen.