Is your soulmate emotionally immature and causing problems in your relationship? Does your soul mate exhibit inappropriate behavior that drives you nuts and causes friction between you? Does your soulmate say rude comments in front of your co workers or family members during holiday parties? Does your soulmate act out in public or throw tantrums like a three-year old? Is your soulmate so emotionally immature they do not act responsibly and cannot be counted on?
It is very difficult to have and maintain a relationship with a soulmate who is emotionally immature. How can you tell if your soul mate is emotionally immature?
10 Signs of Emotionally Immature Soulmates
- If your soulmate is emotionally immature, your feelings won’t matter to them. The only feelings your soulmate will care about are their own. They will of course expect you to care about theirs, even though yours will not be acknowledged or validated. They also won’t care about the feelings of those closest to you either. Where most people are polite and want to make a good impression, and emotionally immature soulmate won’t really care. They might even purposely be rude to your friends and family.
- An emotionally immature soulmate will have commitment issues, and not just commitment issues regarding a relationship or it’s status. They will have a hard time committing to plans, either pulling a no-show or coming up with excuse after excuse. You have to drop everything for them even at the last-minute, but your plans they will easily wiggle out of.
- A soulmate who is emotionally immature thinks only of “me”, not “we”. They talk about places they want to go, and don’t really ask about where you want to go. If you express your own desires, they will steer the conversation back around to their desires. They will order a drink or something to eat and fail to ask if you would like anything until you speak up. They aren’t up for sharing either. Of course an emotionally immature soulmate will expect you to share everything with them.
- An emotionally immature soulmate will be very selfish in their behaviors and actions. Even if you don’t like flowers, they will buy you flowers for your birthday because they like sending flowers. Your birthday cake will even have to be a cake they like, or they won’t get it for you. If there is nothing in it for them, they won’t do it.
- An emotionally immature soulmate will put their friends before you, all the time. They will find all the time in the world to be there for their friends when they need them. You? Not so much. They will make plans and keep them with their friends, but you? They will probably cancel on you, but never their friends and family. There is nothing wrong with showing respect to ones friends and family, but they need to show it to you and yours as well.
- An emotionally unavailable soulmate of course will be emotionally immature. They don’t want a relationship, they want you at their beck and call. They don’t want to talk about or express feelings, because they may not have any. They won’t be there when you need them, and play games with your emotions and your head.
- An emotionally immature soulmate is never wrong. You always are. They throw tantrums and hold grudges for the littlest thing. Their emotional response to a disagreement is to go over the top. Forget about trying to diffuse things or make peace, they want World War 3. The damage emotionally immature soulmates create is devastating.
- An emotionally immature soulmate doesn’t want a partner, they want a parent. They want to depend on you for a lot of things, then will resent you for it later. You will hear “Stop acting like my Mother/Father”. In reality, they keep acting like a child so you had to take on the role of parent.
- An emotionally immature soulmate cannot handle criticism of any kind. Even if they asked you to be 100% honest, and begged for your honest opinion, you are in trouble if you give it. They aren’t looking for honestly, they are looking for sugar coating and boosting their ego.
- An emotionally immature soulmate will be financially dependent on someone, and that someone is probably you. They will of course have someone to blame. If you look at their history you will see a pattern of going from their mother’s house to living with a girlfriend. When that relationship ended they went back to their mom’s, then lived with another girlfriend. You won’t see where they got their own place. They don’t want to, and of course have tons of excuses for it.
If your soulmate is emotionally immature, you have your hands full. You may have to put your foot down or make changes of your own to get them to grow up. Either way, you have to begin someone or your soulmate will only wind up getting more emotionally immature, not less.